The annual festival of Jump magazines at Makuhari Messe.
Since 1999, Jump Festa is held on the 3rd weekend of December every year. This festival is organized by Shueisha, the publisher of the 5 Jump magazines: Weekly Shonen Jump, Shonen Jump+, V Jump, Jump SQ, and Saikyo Jump.
Indulge yourself into the world of Jump comics!
This 2-day event is everything about the comics and the characters from the Jump magazines. You will be able to take a close look at the original drawings of the popular comics, play and experience new games and attractions, and buy limited goods only sold at the event.
At the food stalls, they sell all kinds of unique original food inspired by the comics, and on the stage, talk shows and other events by authors and voice actors/actresses are held from the morning until the late afternoon.
The visitors are offered all of these and yet the admission is free!
Tips for foreign visitors
Unfortunately, the official website of Jump Festa is available only in Japanese (as of 2018).
As there are no signage or information in languages other than Japanese at the venue, if you do not understand Japanese, it is advised that you go with someone who does .
Also, if you are interested in buying the original goods at the shopping zone, information below might be helpful to know in advance.
- Be aware that you will have to wait in a queue for hours.
- You have to choose what to buy from the catalogue you get at the venue without actually seeing the items. Then you have to fill in the order form while waiting in a queue, calculate the total amount by yourself, and prepare the cash.
- Bring cash. They do not accept payment by credit card.
- With a few exceptions, you can buy up to 5 pieces only for each item.
- You will do the payment first and get a stamp on your order form.
- After completing the payment, you can exchange the order form with the items.
- If you do not understand Japanese language, it’s better to go with someone who does.
The catalogue and the order form are all in Japanese and majority of the staff probably do not speak English.
GetAroundJapan is a travel information website of Japan. We cover different topics from the essential travel tips and the latest news about discount transportation passes to the list of SIM cards sold in the major airports.