Official Photos sold at Johnny’s shop
Nowadays, there are more and more visitors who come to Japan for Sushi, Tea ceremony, beautiful scenery, and other Japanese life style things. Among these visitors, some visitors are special and they come to Japan to see a concert of Johnny’s, who are known as Johnny’s Fans.
Besides watching one of the coming concerts such as “ARASHI Japonism Show in ARENA”, “KANJANI EIGHT Recital Manatsu no Orera wa Tsumi na Yatsu”, “Hey! Say! JUMP LIVE TOUR 2016 DEAR.” and “Kis-My-Ft2 CONCERT TOUR 2016 I SCREAM”, as a Johnny’s Fan, shopping at Johnny’s official shops is a must activity on his/her to-do list. Currently, there are four Johnny’s shops in Japan. They are located at Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and Fukuoka.
In this post, we will explain how to buy the official photos at Jonny’s Shops. Since there are no foreign-language speaking staff at the shops, we hope this post will be helpful.
How to buy the official photos
The order process is the same for the four shops, you just need to write down the photo number that you want to buy on the order sheet they provide and pay for it. For more details and tips, you can check below.
1. Take an Order Sheet (Japanese only) and a ball pen from the desk near the entrance;
2. Go to the photo corner of the group or member that you would like to buy;
3. Write down the group or member’s name (English is OK) in the corner name (“コーナー名”) on the top of the sheet;
4. Each photo has a number. You need to write down how many photos you would like to buy for each photo. For example, you would like to buy one for Photo with No. 125, you can write down 1 on the sheet beside No. 125;
5. If you would like to buy photos of different groups, you need separate sheets.
6. Calculate the total number of photos on your sheet and write down the total number on the left side of the bottom on the sheet (“合計枚数”);
7. Take the sheet to the cashier and pay for it. The price is 160JPY per photo. There had been a rule that for the same photo, one person can only buy up to 5 photos. Although the rule is not available recently, if you would like to buy more than five, it is better to ask the shop staff about it before you buy;
8. For people who would like to buy all available photos for a group or member in the shop, you can write down the group or member’s name and how many set you would like to buy in the form under the corner name. For example, if you would like to buy all ARASHI’s photos available in the shop for 1 set, the form should be filled with “ARASHI” and “1”. The form looks like “ARASHIの写真を全部１セット” (1 set of ARASHI’s photo);
9. Usually when you buy less than 50 photos per sheet, the shop staff will show you one by one and you will be asked to check if they are correct as what you wrote on your sheet. When you buy more than 50 photos, the shop staff will not do this check and you are responsible for check them by yourself after you leave the shop;
10. They will provide an official yellow plastic bag for photos on each sheet and if you need more (or they may ask you), you can ask for extra yellow plastic bags;
Tips on when to go:
During weekends or the day of new photo release, there are probably more people than usual. In this case, there will be a staff distributing numbered ticket near the shop and you will be served in order. So if your schedule allows, it is a good idea to go there on weekdays.
10:00am – 7:00pm
Irusariche Building 1F
1-14-21 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0001
(東京都渋谷区神宮前1-14-21 イルサリチェビル１F 150-0001)
Harajuku Station on JR, 4-minute walk from Omotesando Exit
Meiji-jingumae(Harajuku) Station on Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line or Fukutoshin Line, 2-minute walk from Exit No. 3
10:30am – 6:30pm
Shiroguchi Building 1F and 2F
2-15 Kakuda-cho, kita-ku, Osaka 530-0017
(大阪市北区角田町2-15 シログチビル1F and 2F 530-0017)
Osaka Station on JR, 6-minute walk from Midosuji South Exit
Umeda Station on Subway lines, 4-minute walk from Exit No. 6
Umeda Station on Hankyu lines, 3-minute walk from the 3rd floor Exit
Umeda Station on Hanshin lines, 7-minute walk from East Exit
10:30am – 6:30pm
Nakatou Marunouchi Building 1F
3-17-6 Marunouchi, Naka-ku, Nagoya 460-0002
(名古屋市中区丸の内3-17-6 ナカトウ丸の内ビル1F 460-0002)
Hisayaodori Station on Subway Meijo Line or Subway Sakuradori Line, 4-minute walk along Otsudori Street from Exit No. 1
10:30am – 6:30pm
Santen Daini Building 2F
3-15-17 Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka 810-0001
(福岡市中央区天神3-15-17 三天第2ビル2F 810-0001)
Tenjin Station on Subway Airport Line, exit the central ticket gate and walk through Tenjin Chikagai (Tenchika Underground Shopping Mall) in Showadori direction, 5-minute walk from West Exit No. 1
Tenjinkita Bus Stop on Nishitetsu bus, 5-minute walk
GetAroundJapan is a travel information website of Japan. We cover different topics from the essential travel tips and the latest news about discount transportation passes to the list of SIM cards sold in the major airports.